Naturopathic physicians provide individualized medicine to the patient through a whole body approach with an emphasis on preventative strategies, diagnosis and treatment. Naturopathic medicine focuses on the foundations of health for each patient, including assessment of hydration, nourishment, living environment, joyful movement, restful sleep, meaningful relationships, and exposure to nature. We believe that the body has an intrinsic ability to heal itself and that our role as a practitioner is to assist the body in its own healing.
Naturopathic physicians are trained as primary care doctors and help coordinate your health care needs including annual exams, imaging, ordering labs, and referrals. Naturopathic physician training includes advanced topics in botanical medicine, mind body medicine, pharmacology, craniosacral therapy, osseous manipulation and homeopathy. They will generally spend 60 to 90 minutes with you on the first visit and 30 to 60 minutes on follow up so that they can fully understand all of the factors contributing to your health. They can treat all conditions and are covered by most insurance.
Our philosophy trains us to use treatment that is of the least harm to that individual while supporting the mind, body, and spirit to define and facilitate individualized optimal health.
Naturopathic Therapeutic Order
1. Establish the conditions for health by addressing the Determinants of Health and identifying and remove the Obstacles to Cure
2. Stimulate the Vis Medicatrix Naturae
3. Tonify weakened systems
4. Correct structural integrity
5. Address pathology: Use natural substances (Herbs, Supplements and Homeopathy)
6. Address pathology: Use pharmacologic or synthetic substances
7. Suppress or surgically remove pathology